[ACMA][work]:2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
[ACMA][work]:2012

Guest, haven't heard THAT name in a while!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Nano Taffy TekNano Taffy Tek    

:Wo(f=

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

:Wo(f= - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Ooh, but my username in this blue color is loveley! ^O^
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female
Number of posts : 7337
THE MEANING OF LIFE: : YES.
Bf or Gf : Yes, actualy.
Your nickname name or real name: : I prefer to be called my lord and master, thanks for asking
What your award is for : Being an epic admin. DUH.
What is your REAL name? : Socks.
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:
Forumin' Abilities/Powers/Skills:
Race: Keetee-Angler Feesh- Alien

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 pm

DUDE. DORIAN ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND. LET'S JUST NOT. OK? (And Kaitlyn just fishied you, Lills.)

side note: I am going to think my Rory whenever you say Rory, Kaitlyn....I just know three people with that name and it'll take me awhile to compute.

Note on Errika: Put her with whoever.

Last edited by Spottedsocksrock on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://yes.smackjeeves.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:07 pm

What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm lost...
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female
Your nickname name or real name: : I prefer to be called my lord and master, thanks for asking

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 pm

And kaitlyn...I though you knew but..

YOU HAVE BROKEN THE UNSPOKEN RULE OF RPERS.

Yes. I'm sorry. Truly, but...If someone's already used a name, you can't it causes confusion unless done ((EX. Daisy May/Daisi) on purpose and with the consent of the first user.

See, I can't just go and use the name Mitsuki for a character...without asking you. Nor could I use Enola, Zinnia, or Keeth. Do you understand what I'm getting at? When you talk about one character, you have to specify which one you're talking about. This complicates things and causes chaos.

In short. I'm going to have to ask you to change your character's name.

Sincerely,
Socks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Seriously?...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

No. Your smart, you can figure the names out. Theres no copyright on that name anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:13 pm

YES THERE IS! ROCKY'S GIRLFRIEND! HAS BEEN IN LIKE, FOUR RPS! Seriously! Rory's like....one of my main characters man! Greg's younger sister, Crystal's ex's sister, I could go on. She's important. And she exists.
Rory: ...You know I could've said all that right?
Mhm. But I wants to.
Rory: Just let the ignorant Twilight lover keep believing I don't exist.
....Wow. You didn't say any bad names...Have you improved?!
Rory: ...No, Stupid. Just trying not to get you all worked up 'cause I got her mad at'cha.
Ah. WAIT-!
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Rory: On Light, no. But your other names, nincompoop. You don't have to worry about Alice, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Thats nice Zoe, hide behind your charectars. Twilight lover, your reffering to me? Who else, heh. Wow, just because I like a book your gonna keep that agenst me, thats really shallow. Yes, I do know that you what me to change only Rory's name, and I don't think you understood two things that I said so I will go over them,
1.YES, I know that you have a charectar that is important(to you) named Rory! But-THE NAME RORY IN GENERAL DOSE NOT HAVE A COPYRIGHT AND ALSO IT DOSE NOT BELONG TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YOU. If a mom had a baby and named it Rory, would she have to ask you permission to use that name? No. I know like 10 people who have the same name I do. They didn't have to ask my mother if they could all name their children Kaitlyn.
2.I am going to make this really clear:I AM NOT CHANGING RORY'S NAME AND I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO YOU OR YOUR SILLY RULES.
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:05 pm

....I'm an admin. You REALLY gonna talk down to me? Heh. Frankly, I based Rory off myself. And- no. It's not shallow. YOU used to mock Twilight. YOU thought it was stupid. Now you love it. That's called HYPOCRISY, and for those of you who don't know what that means, use a dictionary. *scoffs* if you own one. And- THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE. See...this is different. We refer to things differently here, and you just don't get it. If you refuse once more, I'm going to be VERY happy to put a juicy two-week ban on your account. And I'll make sure to use a REAL reason, with proper spelling. *smiles sweetly*
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Grammar and Spelling notes:

That's (Contraction, 'that is') nice Zoe, hide behind your characters. (Incorrect spelling) Twilight lover, you're (contraction, you are) referring (incorrect spelling) to me? Who else, heh. Wow, just because I like a book your gonna keep that against (incorrect spelling) me, that's (contraction, that is) really shallow. Yes, I do know that you want (You had said 'what' which is incorrect) me to change only (You misunderstand. That's not ALL I want you to change) Rory's name, and I don't think you understood two things that I said (Note: You hadn't said a thing 'til now.) so I will go over them; (Not comma, semicolon.)
1.YES, I know that you have a character )incorrect spelling) that is important to you (Not just me. Ask Rocky.) named Rory! But-THE NAME RORY IN GENERAL DOES (Does, not dose) NOT HAVE A COPYRIGHT AND ALSO IT DOES (again, does.) NOT BELONG TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YOU. If a mom had a baby and named it Rory, would she have to ask you permission to use that name? No. I know like, (like is a filler.) 10 people who have the same name I do. They didn't have to ask my mother if they could all name their children Kaitlyn.
2. I am going to make this really clear: I AM NOT CHANGING RORY'S NAME AND I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO YOU OR YOUR SILLY RULES.

Sorry, needed to be said. Your ignorant mistakes drive us all mad. Ignorant imbecile. I bet you don't even know what that means.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:13 pm

I would call you something rude, that I really shouldn't say... But-your just not worth my time, honey. *smiles sweetly back*

My final answer is no. If I go, my RP gose with me, DEAL WITH IT.

Wow, you think I'm threatened by getting banned?! If this is the way things work around here mabey I don't want to stay!
What a great friend you are.*sarcasm*
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm

I never liked the RP anyways. Frankly, I only joined because Lily wanted you and I to make up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Thats cool, just quit then.
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 pm

.....Change the subject, will you.
Back to top Go down
Domino88
Admin
Admin
Domino88

Female
Number of posts : 6621
THE MEANING OF LIFE: : Absurdism
Bf or Gf : *smiles coyly*
Your nickname name or real name: : The chosen one, Destroyer of worlds, Rainbow Dash
What your award is for : I have achieved so much. I deserve a million awards
What is your REAL name? : *smiles coyly*
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am

OK both of you!

@ Kaitlyn: I know, you're not very serious about RPing, and I know you probably think this is all kinds of stupid. (note I said all kinds of meaning "stupid for many different reasons" as opposed to "kind of stupid" meaning ""slightly ridiculous")

But please remember the bard's immortal words "What's in a name, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet?" (feel free to correct my improper quoting) ? Essentially, that quote says "A name is an identity" . Zoe is getting defensive because the name Rory, while not copyrighted, Is spiritually recognized by her to be a certain character. If I were to name a character Lila, while the name isn't copyrighted, many people would still recognize her as you.

In short, Copyrighting, the process of, and the legal rights packaged within, aren't recognized in Acmawork. Identity, and recognition for other people, however are. And, as a final statement, even I had assumed you had asked permission.

None of tis is to be mean, This is all simply for your understanding and ease. This is a simple admin intervention, nercessecry by the definitions and reach of my job.
Back to top Go down
Domino88
Admin
Admin
Domino88

Female
Your nickname name or real name: : The chosen one, Destroyer of worlds, Rainbow Dash

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:29 am

@ Zoe: a cheat would be using a name from an unpopular RP originated by someone else, or a name from someone who quit. Other than that well......

Tellya what. Instead of working on my new RP, possibly the first Rp to feature romantic cheating and lies on Acmawork, I'll use my weekend to construct a name database, plus name people plan to use in the future(limit five) and names that are completely off limits.

and my final word is, this became all kinds of stupid, too soon in the argument. This devolved from a simple request to a catfight in two posts. Both of you, that's sad and undignified. can we agree that, in the future, we try to keep all our arguments logical and semi-polite, because that's almost always more fun to read for the admins. (fun being, tolerable and intriguing.)
Back to top Go down
Domino88
Admin
Admin
Domino88

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 am

AND FINALLY!

Kaitlyn, your refusal to recognize Zoe's hurt over your semi-betrayal (using a name that was hers originally)was just mean. and the reason we hate Twilight is that it's anti-feminist. That means that by liking Twilight, you are recognizing a semi-chauvinist "women should be helpless lovebots " view.

Zoe, please don't let these things be catfights. I dislike such preppy and clique-y method. It's so......I dunno not women power-y.

and don't think I'm hardcore feminist. I just dislike this twilight-induced step back for women.
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:55 am

Maya has a point. I got steamed too fast. Sorry! But still, I'd like you to change the name.
Back to top Go down
Domino88
Admin
Admin
Domino88

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm glad someone sees my point.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:08 pm

@Maya:Hmm... Maya you are very reasonable and nice about the whole thing, thats good. I understand. Thank you.

About the name database:
I think that that is a very interesting idea and its very organized. It should prevent confusion.

My opinion on the name and the rules:
Well... Even though Maya did make a point, I still find, the rules unreasonable and... Okay really stupid(In my opinion)... So yeah, it's not just the name thing it's ALL of the rules. Honestly, I'm not sure where these rules are even posted, Im not sure they even are posted... But, I just don't agree with them... I "don't take RPs seriously" because, the full word, as we all know is RPG aka RolePlayingGame. I see it as Role-Playing-GAME, so I think of it as a game and only RolePlay for fun. So, I just don't really fit in, I guess... Concluding, that I will do all of my future RPs on Gaia(or I possibly will just stop RPing...).

About what you said(Zoe):
Well, I know you were mad and that just comes out when your mad. But-It was the truth, well, not the truth, it was your opinion ofme. Now, yes I do know what you called me means. And appearently my grammer is not up to your standards, But it'sgood enough considering, my B in english class last year(7th grade). My computer also dose not have spell check, and just for the record(I'm using a normal voice not a defencive voice, btw.) I own several dictionarys, all which are not dusty, btw. I do use them, althought I preffer Dictionary.com, because you can find words faster.

About Twilight:
I don't love it, I like it. Please stop holding it agenst me and keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you.

Finnally:
I am not looking for sympathy, if your thinking that. I'm just making a finnall point.
Hope you understand,

~~Kaitlyn~~
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Alrighty. You misunderstand. I got a C in English. I only correct, well- here let me use a metaphor;

Wolves fight, the stronger one wins. Showing the other is weaker.

I correct your grammar, to prove that I am smarter or superior.

Nothing against you, of course. I'm only clearing this up.

Also, there are many who agree with this opinion of mine. Keep this is mind when you speak. I know what people think of me. I acknowledge it. I only suggest to you to do the same. And don't ask who, I will not tell. But i digress....

I got steamed much too fast, and have been rude and spiteful. Though I may have had reason in my mind, I may not have in yours.

But again, I IMPLORE you. This time as a member, and not an admin. As someone below you and begging on her knees........

PLEASE change the name.
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:16 pm

And, I again state. To some of us, this is one of our only sources of fun. Especially to me right now. With my computer dead and all, I have only game systems and chores. So, I will not pity you, but could you maybe...pity me? Or at least change the stoopid name?
Back to top Go down
Spottedsocksrock
Admin
Admin
Spottedsocksrock

Female

Roleplay Stuff
Admin-Bestowed Awards:

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 pm

I think Rory's a fitting name for her. You should keep it. But maybe spell it different, like..Roary..or maybe Rorry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :Wo(f=   :Wo(f= - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

:Wo(f=
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[ACMA][work]:2012 :: NOSTALGIA :: RP Chest-
Jump to: